1

2020/05/29

news: Coronavirus: Is Frontier Airlines an epidemic Profiteer?

news: Coronavirus: Is Frontier Airlines an epidemic Profiteer?

Last fall my brother , who has been battling cancer was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. His caregiver called the family to inform us he had only a couple of days to measure . My 83-year-old Aunt had been helping support him during his illness wasn't ready to visit see him. My other brother also had health issues and will not make the trip. i'm 63 and was laid off a few years ago. Finding a high paying job once you are over 60 is difficult. I drive Uber to form ends meet so my budget is extremely limited. he's my brother so I made an emergency trip to Ohio to ascertain him one last time and represent the family. He lingered for a short time and gave up the ghost on November 10, 2020.

My sister-in-law called in January. She wanted to possess birthday celebration for my Aunt who would be turning 84 on May Day albeit I hadn't paid off my trip to ascertain my brother, I agreed to fly back to Ohio for her party. At 83, we do not skills for much longer she'll be with us. Life is extremely uncertain during an epidemic and she's during a very high-risk group. The gathering would give us an opportunity to celebrate her life and grieve my brother.

I purchase a ticket on Frontier Airlines on January 11, 2020.

I had hoped to only stay 1 day for the party but had to book for 3 days to urge the less costly ticket. i would not be ready to drive for Uber on those days. i might take an enormous hit on my income that week. My income loss including the value of the trip would be over $1000, but family is vital it might be good to ascertain them again.

news: Coronavirus:
Reports started coming in from China regarding the Corona virus. that they had locked down 500 million people, quite the whole population of the us . On January 31, President Trump blocked travel from China. The news got progressively worse and that i started worrying about traveling in an airplane with a highly disease ravaging the country.

On February 27, Frontier alerted me that they were cancelling my original booking presumably because they did not have enough passengers to form the flight. They wanted to reschedule my flights. I called to inform them I didn't want to form the change. I wanted to attend and see if I could schedule a shorter trip so i would not lose 3 days of labor . Frontier said they might issue a voucher good for 90 days so I could reschedule later.

The first US citizen died of Corona Virus on leap day . The infection was spreading rapidly. i assumed it might be prudent to attend to reschedule. On St Patrick's Day , the California Governor announced a stay-at-home order. Other states across the country quickly announced their own occupy home orders. Frontier eventually stopped flying completely during the month of April. I couldn't reschedule my flight albeit I wanted to.

On April 3, the Department of Transportation ruled that airlines must refund customers if their flights were cancelled. Many airlines weren't complying therefore the DOT issued another warning on May 12, 2020. This was unprecedented.

news: Coronavirus:
I have not worked since St Patrick's Day the govt has said gig workers like me would be ready to get $600/week but that has not happened. I even have had no income except the $1200 stimulus check for 3 months. I contacted Frontier and asked them to refund my $336. They haven't provided any services nor could they because they weren't flying when my flight was scheduled.

Frontier has refused. Not only won't they provide me my a refund , I only have until June 2 to schedule a flight with them or I lose my money. they're going to get to stay $336 for doing nothing in the least .

Is Frontier taking advantage of the pandemic? i might have definitely taken the trip if there wasn't a highly infectious pandemic. They were pack up in April, it had been impossible on behalf of me to even use their services if I wanted to. I feel I should be entitled to a refund. Their representative, Lulu Zaldivar tells me they're going to not refund my money. They claim that albeit they cancelled my original flight and tried to reschedule, it had been me who cancelled the flight and am not eligible for a refund under the Department of Transportations order.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More