1

2020/08/19

Information: Life, Death, and Friendship - Rip Chris Dufresne

Information: Life, Death, and Friendship - Rip Chris Dufresne

My phone rang at 9:12 am this past Tuesday morning which I saw it had been the son of an honest friend calling. Did my friend's son have a drag his dad suggested he pass by me, or perhaps the rear pain his dad was having was getting worse and he wanted the name of the chiropractor I had mentioned to him previously?
One thought that did not enter my mind was that he was calling to tell me that his father had given up the ghost unexpectedly the night before. Chris was active and much more physically fit than most 62-year-old men, so this news wasn't only shocking, it also seemed unfair.
My personal Achilles heel has always been handling death. this is often often probably a results of losing my mom once i used to be 3-years old and my father a year after I graduated from college. the utmost amount as I struggle in handling deaths, there is a silver lining ... it's given me a perspective that has taught me to need time to know the people in my life more. I often tell my clients, 'There are two major self-inflicted pains in life. The short-term pain of self-discipline and thus the never-ending pain of regret.'

Years ago, I started a somewhat unorthodox practice of expressing gratitude to people in my life. this is often often to both allow them to skills fortunate I feel to possess them in my life, also on protect me from having regrets once they're gone. this is often often the first time someone gave up the ghost before I expressed that gratitude. i'll even subconsciously be writing this blog in an effort to make up for that error.

I have little question that Chris valued our friendship the utmost amount as I did, but I even have found that expressing it more directly usually surprises people which i regret not having had the prospect to undertake to thereto for Chris. 

a huge amount of|such an outsized amount of|such tons of"> numerous nuances in friendships aren't an enormous deal to a minimum of one party, but mean the earth to the other which i might have liked to share variety of these moments that Chris probably never gave a reconsideration to, that also resonate with me.

Chris was the National college football reporter for the LA Times and Tribune Company for i feel overflow 20 years. He also covered many other sports including golf and thus the Olympics. He was a superb writer and used his sense of humor to the advantage of his readers. 

He also had a knack for the human side of sports and used it to make you're feeling like you were there with him sharing within the experience. I highly recommend you read variety of his old articles on the LA Times website if this has piqued your interest.

Chris trusted himself such tons that he enjoyed taking chances in his preseason rankings, rarely picking the consensus top team for his favorite . He seldom got it right, but often came up just short and nearly always discovered household name coaches before they were household names.

Chris was genuine and each one about good people. I saw him write very reasonable and positive stories about people i do know he didn't especially take care of as citizenry . 

Chris treated people as individuals and enjoyed interacting with people of all levels. Like all good friendships, he brought perspectives to me that I had not considered.

Although sports were integral to our becoming friends, they soon took a backseat to our lives. One especially memorable time we shared was the unlikely event that we each had a toddler who suddenly and unexpectedly ended up in Children's Hospital at the same time. 

Although this was an experience neither folks ever wanted to travel through, it had been nice to possess someone to talk to who was browsing a uniform trying time with you.

Like all good parents, Chris minimized the pain he was feeling but couldn't hide the pain he felt when a beloved was hurting. Chris's love for his wife and sons was palpable and my heart goes bent them.

Although Chris may have physically left us, the profound impact Chris left on my then many others' lives will survive in us. Thanks for creating me a much better person Chris! Love you brother.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More